Friday, August 31, 2007

Treadmills

So I was at the gym today walking on a treadmill. There was a woman running on the treadmill next to me. I was cruising along as best as I could (being seven months pregnant), listening to my mp3 when all of a sudden, the woman stopped running and got off the treadmill. That left me as the only person in the room. Within a few seconds, I noticed myself lagging behind. And I thought to myself, "It sure is a lot more difficult doing this on my own." I didn't even notice how much the woman was motivating me until she was gone.
So I was thinking that our walk with Christ is much the same. That is why we need other Christians, especially those more (I hate to use this word, but you'll know what I mean) 'mature' than we are to help motivate us and keep us going. I thoroughly enjoy stimulating discussions with my husband and members of two small groups I attend. They help keep my mind on Christ and get me thinking about tough topics. So thanks to all of those people who are running alongside of me and keeping me going.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Heather~good start to your blog! I feel the same way as you about having others to "tread" with. Thought provoking stuff!