Isn't it weird when you see someone you haven't seen in a really long time? Technology is making it a whole lot easier to keep in touch with people, but there's still no real replacement for seeing someone in person. This has happened to me twice lately.When I went to my niece Abbie's birthday party last week, my aunt Diane and uncle Greg and their grandson, Ashton, were there. I think I've only seen Diane and Greg twice in the last ten years or so. They live near Cinci now. When I was younger they lived in Florida, and my sister and I would spend a few weeks each summer with them. They have kids around our age, and we just had a blast going to summer camp with them, chasing geckos, praying alligators wouldn't come out of the canal behind their house, rollerblading across this really cool bridge by their house, and so much more. Anyway, it was really cool to see them, and really weird at the same time, because time changes all of us. I was glad to see that they're doing really well.
The second time was yesterday, when I met a friend of mine and her kids at the Pittsburgh Zoo (thus the zoo pictures). Charity and I met when we were about 11 or 12 at summer camp. So we were summer friends who visited throughout the year sometimes. It was tough, because she grew up in Johnstown and I grew up in CT. We ended up going to the same college, and even being roommates for our last semester of senior year. Anyway, she was the same but different. She was the same fun Charity that I grew up knowing, but with the mommy thing added on top. Another thing that was weird was seeing her kids. Brett is 4. I first met him when he was 3 months old. He looks exactly like Charity's dad. Autumn is 2 and just a little pumpkin! She and her husband, Nate, also a friend from college, have a beautiful family.
Anyway, I had a great time catching up with these friends and relatives. I'm thankful that God allowed our separate worlds to collide for a brief moment in time.
No comments:
Post a Comment