I've spent all my spare time this week painting our bedroom. We had two walls a deep purple and two walls a sea green. Now we're painting the bottom three feet around the room a dark gray and the top a medium gray. We're going to paint a red stripe, to match the comforter, to separate the two grays. We're hoping it will have a streamlined, clean look.The plan for the room is definitely evolving as we go along. My mom had the idea to paint the darker color on the bottom with the red stripe. The only question that remains at the point is what art will we use to decorate the room? I have a nice red and black vase from China that I want to incorporate. The art will partly depend on how much money is left in the budget. If we don't have much left we'll just have to buy a few canvasses and splash paint on them!
Tomorrow I need to put the second coat on the darker gray and maybe paint the red stripe. Then the painting will be done. I'll post pictures in a few days when it's all done.
1 comment:
Ed says the darker color on the bottom anchors the room. So now you have it from two decorators, your mom and Ed!
Post a Comment