Friday, July 23, 2010

Banana boats

This is a super simple, tasty snack that can be made on the campfire (or grill!) in a few easy steps.
  1. Peel the top (front) side of the banana, but leave the peel attached. (After adding the goodies, you will need to close the banana up again.)
  2. Using a spoon, scoop out about half the banana and eat it of course. The less banana, the more room for yummies! If you're on a diet, don't scoop out too much. =)
  3. Sprinkle in some mini-chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. 4. Close the banana peel up, wrap the banana in foil so that so that the foil makes a "handle" in the event that you don't have long tongs handy (we didnt!).

5. Place the foil-wrapped bananas into the fire. Watch closely. You will have to check on them a few times. It takes about 10-15 minutes for the chocolate chips to melt, depending on the heat of the fire.

6. Unwrap your banana and enjoy! It may not look too appetizing, but trust me, everyone will love it.


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

These look YUMMY! and I happen to have a bunch of bananas sitting on my bar right now! I think this will be our dessert/snack tonight. I may try adding a little peanut butter with the chocolate chips...mmmmm! :) Thanks for the idea!

HB said...

Sounds great! Dan LOVES the peanut butter idea. Let me know how it turns out!

Jennifer said...

The peanut butter was amazing! We didn't have marshmallows so I just spread the peanut butter on the banana and sprinkled the chocolate chips on top! They were a big hit! :) We will definately be making them again :) Oh, and I actually cooked them in our toaster oven and they turned out fine :)