So this week in our Chase the Lion series we were talking about opportunities. In our Thursday night small group we were talking about the importance of praying in the morning, to help get your body, mind, and spirit in prayer mode (not survival mode) so we can see the opportunities before us. So this morning I woke up and prayed that God would give me an opportunity, that I would see it, and seize it. So at Isaiah's preschool today I saw an opportunity to help someone in a practical way. I knew exactly what to do, and I did it. It wasn't difficult, but maybe God gave me an easy one to start out with.
I've also been trying to figure out what my "big" lion is. In my mind I was thinking that it must be some exotic adventure, epic undertaking, or business venture. At a recent pastor's conference someone asked Mark Batterson what his biggest lion was in his life at the time. He said that it is his adolescent son, Parker. I'm not trying to be a copy cat, but after trying to come up with some great exciting lion in my life, I feel like God is telling me that my lions are Isaiah and the one to come. It kind of seems like a cop out, like a sorry excuse for a lion. But really it is consisent with God's role for mothers. Our children are supposed to be a priority, and raising a child is a pretty big undertaking. So that's my lion for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment