Sunday, June 29, 2008

What's been going on...

We've had a lot going on, but nothing great to blog about. So I thought I would just give everybody a generic update.
  • I talked to many of our neighbors about the shooting incident. Based on what some people said, we're pretty sure which house the gun shot came from. The important thing is that all the neighbors are staying alert and are ready to make some phone calls if it happens again. Whoever shot the gun knows that everyone is listening.
  • It was really fun talking to our neighbors I hadn't met before. They're nice people.
  • Isaiah's birthday party was Saturday. It rained, so we had to cram everyone inside, but we still had fun. My mom made him a train cake that looked exactly like Thomas!
  • Somehow I lost my voice. I'm not sick, so I don't know how it happened. My theory goes something like this: sleeping with the air conditioning on dries out the air which dries out my throat. But my voice is completely gone. This is only the third Sunday ever that I haven't been able to sing while playing the piano.
  • I don't like skipping worship team practice. We didn't practice this week because of Bible school. I had to subsitute teach piano lesson on Thursday, and there just wasn't any other time to have it. The music on Sunday goes better when we practice.
  • Todd is making us fat. There's this guy at our church who brings donuts when he's around. He's a merchant marine, so sometimes he's gone for months at a time. But when he's around, he will buy the exact kind of donuts that everyone likes. For example, he always gets me a blueberry cake donut. He drives all the way to Butler, a 30 mintue trip each way, to get these special peanut butter donuts for our one elder. I don't know which other donuts are for which people, but he does! So when Todd is around, we all end up carrying around a few extra pounds.
  • Samuel is really on the move. I've decided that it's pretty convenient because he can go get the toy that he wants rather than sitting there crying about it. =) Isaiah has a pretty good knack for knowing what Sam is and isn't allowed to play with and is more than happy to take the things away from Sam that he shouldn't play with. So sometimes that makes things easier for me.
  • Baby destructo. Sam tends to destroy everything in his path. His favorite target is Isaiah's train tracks. He'll also wreck anything that Isaiah has neatly arranged.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isaiah's smile was worth all the effort to make this cake!!! I am SO glad that I can participate in "memory making" days like Isaiah's birthday and so many others, too.
I love all of you so much!!
~~Mom

Patty said...

Glad the picture of Josh with Samuel made the slide show. They both look so handsome! We need to send it to some eligible women!!

Jessica said...

I can't believe Samuel is getting around so well a;ready! it all goes so fast!