Maybe you have heard the term "cankles." It refers to an non-tapering ankle, where the calf goes straight down to the foot. Yesterday I turned on the Today show for ten minutes to see that they had a segment on cankles. Are you kidding me? Do they really have nothing better to talk about? Now women aren't beautiful unless their ankles are the right shape? And besides, do we really need to give women one MORE thing to be self-conscious about by giving cankles national attention? Is this going to be another category on eharmony? What do you like in a woman? Nice hair, eyes, and smile, definitely no cankles? What's next? Olay regenerist cankle reducer? LOL!
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Cankles
Maybe you have heard the term "cankles." It refers to an non-tapering ankle, where the calf goes straight down to the foot. Yesterday I turned on the Today show for ten minutes to see that they had a segment on cankles. Are you kidding me? Do they really have nothing better to talk about? Now women aren't beautiful unless their ankles are the right shape? And besides, do we really need to give women one MORE thing to be self-conscious about by giving cankles national attention? Is this going to be another category on eharmony? What do you like in a woman? Nice hair, eyes, and smile, definitely no cankles? What's next? Olay regenerist cankle reducer? LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have to say that I watched that very same segment and inexplicably I stopped what I was doing within 5 minutes of watching the segment and looked at my ankles... I think the word makes it sound even worse. Thankfully I think I still have the unmanly skinny ankles God has blessed me with!
I saw the story too and had the same thoughts too! I can't believe that they took time to cover a story like that. but then of course I was inspecting my own ankles for signs of "cankles" :). j/k. definitely agree that there are more important things to be covering!
Hahahahaha!
Post a Comment