On Friday around 10:30 a.m., I was driving down Community Center Drive as I pulled out of the Mars Bank parking lot. I saw two boys who looked to be about ten years old standing by the road. I noticed them, because, obviously, it was Friday morning, and, as far as I knew, they should be in school. One of the boys bent down, and I looked in my rear view mirror as I passed them just to see him throw a rock at the minivan. So what did I do? Drive on, shaking my head in disgust? No such luck.I stopped the car in the middle of the road, got out and yelled (not angrily, but just because I was a good distance from them) "What are you thinking?! Go do something productive with your lives!" The boys backed up from the crazy lady yelling in the middle of the road, and, as an SUV slowly pulled up behind the minivan, I got back and drove on. I have the police non-emergency number in my phone and thought about calling it. (This is a suprisingly difficult number to find...) I was weirded out enough by my reaction to the rock-throwing and decided just to move on. Strange!
(See some pictures below... unrelated to this incident.)
3 comments:
The world needs more people like you, who are willing to not just shake their heads and look the other way, but do something about it. Too bad these boys don't have parents willing to do the same....
"Look what you DID, you little JERK!" :-) You're brave--I'm proud of you, crazy old lady!
Good for you!! You did the right thing and I would have called the police. Aunt Janet
Post a Comment