Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Going Rogue

A few days ago, I got an email from the library saying that this book I requested was in. Woohoo! As I was 53rd on the reserve list, I figured it would be a while until I got my hands on it. But I'm thrilled to be reading Sarah Palin's book Going Rogue. It's a fascinating mix of personal and political stories.

At the beginning she shares with her readers some of her family history: "My grandmother Helen studied at the University of Idaho, then put her talent and intelligence to work as a homemaker, raising six active kids." What dignity she gives to the stay-at-home mom. I appreciate that.

She discusses many times when she brought her infants with her to Wasilla city council meetings and times when she nursed her babies while working. You. Go. Girl. Way to be.

She recounts a time when she was in local public service. She had to fire her babysitter's husband who was also the man who introduced her to the city council. These decisions are far more difficult and have worse repercussions on the local level than on the national level. She has the guts to make the tough decisions that need to be made to get things done.

If you're on the fence about Sarah Palin, I encourage you to get a copy of her book and read it. You will know exactly where she stands on all the major issues, then judge for yourself.

No comments: