Sunday, November 18, 2007

Koinonia

When I think of the word koinonia what comes to my mind is this cheesy song we used to sing at the Christian college I went to. But this morning at church our guest speaker Vern Borchert talked about koinonia and how it's much more than singing Kum Ba Ya around a campfire. (Click here to hear his message - scroll down and it's on the left.) He defined koinonia as a partnership or close relationship; also, being humbly reliant on Christ and Christian brothers and sisters. He said that, for him personally, most of the things he learned about God he learned from other people. I never thought about it, but I think that is definitely true for me too. I mean, I do learn things from personal study of the Bible, but I really learn a lot from group discussions in our small groups and from talking to other people. So thanks to everyone who has taught me something about God!

1 comment:

WeddObsessed said...

Very insightful blog, Heather! I miss hearing your insight in person!

Also, I love your new pic!
=)