Saturday, November 3, 2007

World Peace


Today we ate lunch at the Giant Eagle cafe. I'm embarassed to admit that we've been spending a small fortune eating out lately because I just can't think about cooking and planning meals. It's terrible. But anyway, CNN was on while we were there. They were reporting on the Pakistani president declaring a state of emergency and martial law. Another story we watched was about this Saudi Arabian Dr. Phil-type person counseling young Muslim men on the best methods of wife-beating. I just watched in amazement and disbelief. I don't want to go into a big commentary on the state of the Middle East, but during all this, Isaiah randomly looked at me with a big smile. He made a little peace sign (which he just learned how to do) and proudly said, "World peace!" I couldn't help appreciating the freedom and rights that we have.

No comments: