You wouldn't think that driving up to Greenville, PA would yield any great stories. You would be wrong.On Thursday, the boys and I, Katherine, and Abbie drove up to see my dad, aunt, cousin, etc. in Greenville. On the way up 79, as we were nearing a rest area, I asked Isaiah if he needed to go to the bathroom. He said he did. We stopped and I took him to the bathroom without incident. Apparently while we were in there, Katherine, who was waiting in the car with Sam and Abbie, looked back and thought Sam had dirt on his face. It wasn't dirt. Yeah. You're getting the idea. IT WAS POO.
She's such a champ. While I was still in the bathroom with Isaiah, she started cleaning Sam in the car! The poor kid had poo up to his armpits. No kidding. It was definitely bath worthy, had we been home. To make a long story short, I ended up giving him a bath in the sink in the bathroom. Poor kid was completely nudie in the rest area! I was getting very sympathetic looks from other travellers, who were careful to keep their distance and stay out of the way. =)
Cleaning his carseat was another adventure involving many, many baby wipes.
I thought the whole incident was a really bad diaper malfunction, but my aunt later told me that it is a common side effect of the type of antibiotics that he's on (augmentin) for his ear infection.
Oh well. After a 20 minute stop, we were on our way again.
As soon as we arrived at my aunt's house, I made use of her laundry facility. =)
3 comments:
I can totally relate to your story! Hannah was on Augmentin this last time and boy did she have some messy diapers! Also I remember having a naked baby in a store bathroom once when she had gotten poo all the way up her back to her neck! Those "sympathetic-I've been there" faces are priceless, but don't come with any help :).
Wahoo for the Aunt of the Year! :-)
Hahaha.... I love a good baby poo story. Sorry, Samuel, but that is too funny.
Post a Comment