Tuesday, July 8, 2008

ThoughtStream

At the risk of being labeled a bad blogger, I figured I'd better come up with something to write tonight. =) I like bullet points, so here goes.
  • Watching two kids by myself is really tough. There really is no such thing as taking a break. Today Isaiah and Sam's naps overlapped by 35 minutes. It was nice to have that little break though.
  • I've rediscovered some fun old friends on Facebook lately. Just today I found a friend of mine who grew up two houses down from me. Good times.
  • My laptop really is breaking. I'm not talking about viruses. The screen is literally breaking off from the keyboard. I always keep it open, because opening and closing it too many times is making it crack at the hinges. One of these days it's going to go. I am not looking forward to that day.
  • Yesterday I took Isaiah and Sam to a fun place to do a project for some certain family members' upcoming birthdays. We had a great time and, after the gift giving, I will reveal the details.
  • I've only been able to talk to Dan for about 10 mintues twice a day or so. I know he's really busy at camp, but it still stinks.
  • My sister and Abbie are coming up on Saturday and staying for a few days, so that will be a blast.
  • Today was one of those days that my brain felt like it was turning into mushy goo for lack of intellectual stimulation. Maybe it was the lack of adult conversation... I actually pulled out an old college textbook and started reading it out of sheer desperation. Not kidding. (I am about to reveal some of my nerdiness...) The Dictionary of Paul and His Letters was my after dinner reading material. I read an article about Abraham (it was the first one). I kept that book because my college Bible professor was a contributing author and I really admired him and learned so much from him. I really like learning things. Anything. Need to learn more.
  • Samuel is a speed crawler. He can go from 0-60 in 0.2 sec. Let the baby gate usage begin.
  • I have some sort of eye problem going on, and I haven't been able to wear my contacts in about a week. I'm just not used to wearing glasses. I feel like I'm hiding behind them. And of course, Sam keeps grabbing at them. =) I hope this clears up soon.
  • Tomorrow I'll be packing for Isaiah, Sam and I to spend two nights up at camp. I don't need much, but those little people sure need a lot!
I guess that's all for now. Good night all.

No comments: