Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mall Mondays

For our first Dan-less Monday I decided to take the boys to the mall. I figured I might be able to squeeze in a little browsing, then let the boys play in the kiddie play area. I loaded the boys in the double stroller and started out looking at H&M, my favorite clothing store. The boys were angels. I was amazed. Too bad there weren't any good sales. Then we headed down to this toy and hobby store that has a train table for kids to play with. Isaiah played nicely for a while, and I parked the stroller there so Sam could play too. After that we looked in another store briefly and headed to the food court to eat the lunch I packed. I'm too cheap to buy lunch at the food court, and it's not that healthy anyway. The boys both ate their lunches beautifully. Then I let Isaiah ride the carousel because he was being so good. We finished our afternoon by playing at the big bird kiddie play area. Isaiah was running around having a great time with the other kids. I was helping Sam climb around on everything and go down the slide. He was playing with steering wheel that had a button that made different horn sounds. It took me a while to realize that Sam was imitating the different horn sounds! It was so cute! He just amazes me with what he's able to do.
The most remarkable thing about the outing was how good the boys were! They were both so pleasant, and that never happens! It was such a success that I might just declare the first day of the working week "Mall Mondays."

No comments: