
Well, we may have started a new tradition tonight: Wendys for dinner on Christmas Eve. With everything we have to get ready for the candlelight service at church, I just never have time to think about dinner. So tonight we resorted to Wendys, as we did last year. =)
The service went well, and we got to see lots of fun people. At the end of the service, when we were lighting our candles and listening to scriptures about light, a 3-year-old standing near me started singing Silent Night quietly, getting every word right. No one else was singing, but it was the sweetest thing.
Then we came home, put the boys straight in bed, and started wrapping presents. To my dismay, we realized that we were missing one of Isaiah's gifts - an ultra Mr. Potato Head play set. We get our kids three gifts each, so to lose one of them is a big deal! We searched high and low (I've been keeping all the gifts in one place, so there really wasn't anywhere to look), and I even found the gift receipt that says I paid for it. Unfortunately I bought it on November 9 and just realized it was missing tonight! Will Target take my word for it and refund my money? We will find out. I must have left it sit at the register after we checked out. Luckily we have a back-up gift. We have my nephew's bike in the basement. He outgrew it and handed it down to Isaiah. So I guess that will be his third gift. Unfortunately we didn't buy him a helmet yet, and I know he'll want to try it out tomorrow. Hopefully he won't crack his head open on Christmas!
Merry Christmas everyone!
1 comment:
"You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" Hope all goes well with the bike...
Post a Comment