Friday, December 5, 2008

Today I felt a little like...

Nicholas Cage in National Treasure.
Apparently a historical society is putting together an exhibit on the nuclear power plant at Shippingport. My dad used to work there back in the 70's and early 80's, and had a bunch of old 8x10 photos and an old manual to donate. Not wanting to risk losing them in the mail, he gave the package to me when we got together for Thanksgiving. Destination? Homestead. No problem. Only about 45 minutes from here.

So I've had the package on my counter, keeping a close eye on it for a few weeks. Earlier this week, I made arrangements to meet the recipient. This morning I loaded the boys in the car, plugged in the dvd player, almost forgot the package, then remembered it!

Following the google directions I printed out (just for reassurance) I made a wrong turn into Squirrel Hill. I knew that wasn't the right way, but oh well. I got back on course, but it did make me want to go to Squirrel Hill soon! Crossed the bridge to the Waterfront, drove around by the theater for a few minutes, just to see if anything was different since I haven't been down there in a few years. Nothing was that different. (Also want to go to PF Chang's soon!). I found the office building, handed over the goods to the woman who identified herself by the right name (it really wasn't that dramatic...) and headed home.

Not as exciting as National Treasure, and the package wasn't quite as special as the declaration of independence, but it was still fun.

No comments: