Monday, December 7, 2009

Adventures downtown

Today I took the band downtown to play at the PPG place food court. They have holiday entertainment set up for a lot of the month of December, and we were glad to be a part of it. Here are some highlights of the day:
  • All four vehicles arrived on time without getting lost!
  • Were finally allowed to enter the parking garage after stating our name and business and showing photo ID. Seemed a little excessive, but I guess you can't be too safe.
  • Found our way through the parking garage, managed to find the tunnel to the food court so we didn't have to carry the instruments, music stands, and drum set outside... it was quite cold today!
  • The PR person from the school showed up with a great, 7-foot-tall banner advertising the school, and the headmaster came to hear us! It's encouraging to see the administration supporting the music program.
  • The kids played well. We ended up repeating two songs because we were done a little early.
  • Heading out, I got confused by the numerous closures and detours posted in the area. So I headed for the cultural district, because there's an on ramp for 279 north there. The on ramp was closed! The detour for 279 north put me on 376 west. Against all my instincts, I followed it. Apparently I should have gotten off at Station Square, but I didn't know that because there was NO SIGN. Or at least I didn't see it. So I ended up in CARNEGIE then up 79 north to Mt Nebo Rd. Just a little out of the way. =) Oh well. The kids in my car were either sleeping or studying for a history test, so they didn't care at all that it was taking WAY longer than normal to get back to school.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

driving through there IS crazy! sounds like a good day though :)

Patty said...

Bethany said the concert was excellent!! I am glad she got to go.