Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Summer reading fun!

Today we joined the summer reading club at our local library. I figured that since we're trying to increase our reading, we might as well make it fun for the summer. The boys get tokens for the books they read. Then at the end of the summer, they get to cash in their tokens for little prizes. Then (I didn't even know this), just for joining, each kid gets a free kids' meal at Applebees, a free kids' meal at North Park Clubhouse, and a free scoop of ice cream at Kaleidoscopes. They also get to enter a weekly drawing and a grand prize drawing. There are also scheduled activities for the kids. We're going to try going tomorrow. I'm not sure if Sam is too young, but we'll find out!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love our librarys' summer reading program. They have a lot of fun activities too. Ours won't start until the end of the month..but they are already looking forward to it! :)