Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sam-isms

Yesterday, when Dan and Sam came to rescue me from the broken minivan (Isaiah was at Vern and Lorrie's):

Sam: Mommy, you park there? (Referring to the van parked in the middle of the road).
Me (a little exasperated): Well, I didn't do it on purpose!
Sam: Mommy, are you sorry?

During story time tonight:

Me, reading inside the cover: "This book belongs to Sam."
Sam (noticing that I wrote his name in the book): Mommy wrote in my book. That bad. No write in books.

And one Isaiah-ism just to round it out.

We were eating outside on the deck over the weekend and commenting about how our house needs powerwashed again:

Me: The last time we cleaned the siding, I was pregnant with Sam.
Isaiah: What's pregnant mean?
Me: Sam was still in my belly.
Isaiah: I remember when I was in your belly. It was scary and dark. I tried to find a light switch, but I couldn't find one.

And since I'm thinking of it, here's one from my pre-teen nephew:

Sam: Me go poo poo on potty!
Me: Ok! Everybody gets poo poo cookies! J do you want one?
J: How do they taste?
J's Dad: Like poo, J.

Hope they give you a laugh today.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

SO cute/funny!!! they both are sounding so big!
I miss you Heather!! ♥

Mom said...

I was laughing hard enough to cry....funny. Love those boys so much.

Patty said...

They are both so clever!! And I want to see the Oriental rug!