1. The weird weather. It was cool yet damp, making the air conditioner pointless. I was left wondering if I wanted a blanet on or not all night. Now, that alone wouldn't have made it a bad night. But add that to...- Sam waking up crying three times between about 3 and 4 am. I ended up laying with him in his bed until the morning. Didn't sleep much. See, I found a tick on him on August 22 that looked like it had been there for a day or two. I was able to get it out, but it left a bigger bite mark than the other ticks (4 or 5? I've lost track) he's had this summer. So I've been monitoring his symptoms, and he's had some weird ones. He had a fever on the two Thursdays following the Monday when I found the tick. Sometimes he seems lethargic. But then he'll bounce right back. So last night when he said his head and belly hurt a lot, I was up googling tick-borne diseases. Sam has such a high pain tolerance that it makes it difficult to know how sick he really is. Ugh. Now today he seems back to normal. Who knows.
- While I was up googling encephalitis, I saw the first big spider of the fall. And when I say big, I mean 2-3" in diameter. These things are fat and hairy. Yuck! So poor Dan, who was 95% asleep, was trying to find and kill the thing at 4am.
So that is why last night stunk. And today Dan and I are having lunch with a Lighthouse board member and her husband. Then we have a wedding rehearsal tonight. If I can't squeeze in a nap this afternoon, I might have to send my stunt double.
No comments:
Post a Comment