Monday, September 26, 2011

Birthday Weekend

Friday...
The Lighthouse had a dinner and silent auction gala in Butler.  We don't get this dressed up often!   The gala was a fun time to talk to lots of Lighthouse supporters and raised $6500+. 
Saturday...
Dan and I had lunch on the patio at Shiloh Grill on Mt. Washington.  This is remarkable, because Dan never wants to dine outside.  However, it was the absolutely perfect weather.  We shared a "Cheeses of Nazareth," a generous cheese, meat, and bread plate and shared pound cake for dessert.  Then we walked along Grandview Avenue seeing the spectacular view of the city.  We perused a book sale at the Carnegie Library before heading back to pick up the boys. 

Sunday...
After church and a delicious soup lunch, Dan, the boys, and I took advantage of free admission at the Carnegie Science Center.  I ran into a former student along with hundreds of other people.  Haha!  The boys didn't seem to mind the chaos and can't wait to go back on a less crowded day. 

Then we boarded the Gateway Clipper for a  relaxing sightseeing tour.  Sam was tired by this point, but Isaiah was interested in the tour guide's talk and asked lots of questions about the buildings and how the boat works and all sorts of things.  We enjoyed dinner at Chili's, and the day was rounded out with a Steeler win!  To top it all off, a blogger I read often notified me that I won a book about a single mom's adoption story.  Score! 


And so begins a new year...

No comments: