Wednesday, September 14, 2011
AWANA
Kick-off night went off without a hitch. Isaiah is in Sparks this year (K-2). He found a few friends from last year/VBS and was happy as a peach. I offered to stay and help with Cubbies tonight partly because I wasn't sure how Sam would do alone and partly because I will help the 2nd Tuesday of every month, which was tonight. It worked out that I planned to stay because one of their regular volunteers couldn't be there . Although Isaiah said Cubbies was more fun, he seemed to have a good time playing games, watching a video, and talking about what the Sparks year would be like. Sam had a great time, and I was amazed at how grown-up he acted. This was a big improvement over Bible school, where he cried, screamed, and pitched fits when he couldn't be with me. But tonight I went to help with a different Cubbies group than the one he was assigned to, and he did fine. He just smiled and waved to me from a distance. No crying or anything. I think he'll be ok if I'm not with him other weeks. Since Dan has meetings at the LH the 2nd and 3rd Wed of every month, those are the weeks I'll help with AWANA. I'm looking forward to having the 1st and 4th Wednesdays for some alone time for us. COFFEE. And conversation. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think that is wonderful for the kids and for MOM..... Love Aunt Janet
Post a Comment