Some highlights from the last few days...
- Last Friday we had a fabulous double date night with Dan's brother and his wife at The Melting Pot in Station Square. They hadn't been there before, so it was fun helping them order and watching them try and enjoy the food. Kid-free, quality time like that with them is rare.
- Dan, the boys, and I enjoyed a performance of Charlotte's Web on Sunday. Phil and Claire had given us tickets for Christmas, which we thought was a great idea. We were walking into the play, and Sam was holding my hand when he said, "What if someone is already the spider?" We had tried to explain what a play is, but he clearly didn't understand. HE wanted to be the spider. When I told him that someone already is the spider and we were just going to be watching, he stopped walking and tried to go back to the car. When I scooped him up, he was crying. Poor kid! He was so disappointed. He got over it, though, and both boys enjoyed the show.
- I had a great dentist appointment today. For several months, I've had problems with painful and sensitive teeth. Sensodyne toothpaste has helped immensely. But lately, I've still had pain even with Sensodyne. I finally made an appointment to get it all taken care of. Since I am a new patient, I had to get full xrays, cleaning and exam before I could get the pain taken care of. I was amazed that the xrays showed no major problems! I only have root surface sensitivity. I was really shocked. I thought I was going to need a root canal or something serious (which equals expensive!). So happy about that! So they gave the sensitive areas a fluoride treatment that will last a few months. I also got a prescription strength sensitivity toothpaste to help the problem. Now I'll be able to eat sweets again! Wait... maybe that's not a good thing. Hahaha!
- My cousin's wife is in the hospital in labor RIGHT NOW! After they lost baby Joshua during a miscarriage last year, and we are all so excited to welcome their baby, Rebecca, into our family! All prenatal tests show that she has spina bifida and will need surgery shortly after birth. We're praying for a healthy delivery and sucessful surgery. We're hoping to get to meet her later in the week or next week.

My Houghton College sweatshirt came in the mail today!! It's a Christmas gift from my mom. I originally got it for Christmas but decided to exchange the size. So the right size finally came!!! Any day you get a new hoodie is a good day, let alone a sweatshirt that boldly proclaims the name of the greatest college ever. :)
1 comment:
We just recently got a Melting Pot in Rochester... I really want to go there some time! Maybe for our anniversary this year :)
Praying for your cousin, his wife, and baby Rebecca. What a journey she has ahead of her... please keep us updated!
It's always nice to have a few good days strung together :)
Post a Comment