Sam has been sucking his thumb since he was in the delivery room. Actually, we have an ultrasound picture of him sucking his thumb.
At his 4 year old check up last week, the doctor took both of Sam's hands in hers, looked him in the eye, and told him, "Sam, you need to stop putting your fingers in your mouth. It's making your teeth come in wrong and making it hard for you to talk." And just like that, he quit! I put a band aid on his thumb for the first two nights. But he quit cold turkey, just because the doctor told him to! I guess he really was ready to quit. I'm so proud of my little guy!
In fact, for these pictures, it took a lot of convincing just for him to pose in his "sucking thumb" position.
No more thumb!
2 comments:
That is so amazing! What a sweet, big boy he is! Great job, Sam!!! :)
wow!!! that's awesome! love the 2 pics :)
Post a Comment