Here's a picture of Samuel and my niece Abbie. I realized that it's really neat to have a newborn around Christmas time. Samuel reminds me of baby Jesus and how small and vulnerable He was. He came to earth as something so fragile and dependent. And I definitely don't believe the line in "Away in a Manger" that says "no crying He makes." I'm sure that baby Jesus cried. How else would Mary know when to feed Him? It's not a sin to cry; it's just how babies communicate. And speaking of Mary, I can imagine how much she loved her baby. What I can't imagine is the heart-wrenching pain she must have felt when Jesus was nailed to a cross. Her precious baby that was so vulnerable at birth made Himself vulnerable again on the cross. He could have called angels down to see to His every need. He didn't have to allow Himself to die on the cross. But He did it to wipe away all sin forever. Pretty amazing.
2 comments:
What cute babies we have!! And seriously. I bet Jesus was as colicky as they get. After all, there was "nothing in Him to attract us to Him"!!! :-)
sooooooo does this mean samuel is going to star in the christmas pagent as baby jesus??????
Post a Comment