Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Motherhood and procrastination


Yes. The key to motherhood and curing procrastination are the same: take "I don't feel like it" out of your vocabulary (and completely out of your mind).
I'm a lifelong procrastinator. Just ask Dan. I leave things to the last minute, but I always come through. This is why, up to this point, proctastination has worked well for me. Lately, though, I think I'm getting smarter. I've realized that when I don't feel like doing something, I'm not going to feel any more like doing it just by waiting longer. And, the longer I wait, the longer I have it hanging over my head. It's very freeing to finish something. Just do it, and it's done!
Now, relating to motherhood. I have to do things all day long that I don't feel like doing. I no longer have the option to "not feel like it." Everyone is much happier and the house runs much more smoothly if I just do what I need to do right away.
So now you know how to get rid of procrastination. =)

1 comment:

B.W. said...

have a baby to get rid of procrastination???

hmmmmmm interesting advice.