is overrated. I was talking to a woman the other day about anniversaries and Valentine's Day, and she said, "I have a great marriage, so we don't buy gifts for each other just for the sake of celebrating those days." I completely agree. Of course, gifts aren't my love language. Time is. But that's another blog. If gifts are your love language (or your significant other's) you better exchange gifts. I would much rather spend time with Dan than get gifts.But I think sometimes women have unrealistic expectations of Valentine's Day and put too much pressure on the guys. Then the guys get too stressed and waste so much time trying to find the 'perfect' gift.
So let's just be thankful for the people we have in our lives (whether we have a significant other or not), and show love every day.
So, Happy Valentine's Day! (And guys, you can never go wrong with chocolate...lots of chocolate.)
1 comment:
So true! I hate "Hallmark Holidays," and Valentine's Day is definitely one of them.
I'm of the mindset that if you love your significant other, you tell them every day, not just on trumped up holidays. :)
Post a Comment