We have the privilege of spending many years with some people; others maybe just a few months. Did you ever notice that as soon as someone leaves, you realize that you didn't appreciate them enough when they were around? I am definitely guilty of that. I tend to take for granted that someone is in my life at any given moment.Also, it takes me a long time to make friends. Like, years. Usually after I've known someone for about two to four years, I might start to feel like I'm their friend. Unfortunately, I operate under the assumption that I have a long time to get to know people, and don't maximize the present moment with them.
So when I'm still in the slow process of getting to know someone and all of a sudden (so it seems to me) they say they are leaving, I am in shock, and it seems like they are being ripped away.
For those of you who know Blake, this is my good-bye Blake post, in disguise. (Don't forget, I am a very private person.)
So Blake, thanks for your willingness to lead our small group for the past two years. God brought you to us for a specific time, though it was much shorter than we would have had you stay. We already miss you, and you're not even gone yet. You leave behind a hole that will not be quickly filled.
2 comments:
Heather, we must be on the same wave length....see my blog! Even the titles are similar!
wow... I don't quite know what to say. Thank you very much for making me a part of your church. These past two years have been a great blessing in my life. Thank you for your friendship, your care and for inviting me into your home every Thursday. Thank you!
Post a Comment