Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The iffy economy has it's pros

I've been realizing an upside to a faltering economy: less Halloween decorations! Halloween is by far my least favorite holiday. Honestly, it just creeps me out. Sometimes I find people's yard decorations just disturbing, and I'm glad I don't have to see so many of them while I'm driving around.

7 comments:

Patty said...

Agree that this is an upside.

Jessica said...

I agree 100%! I don't like all the Halloween "decorations" that are usually out. I find them disturbing too!!!

WeddObsessed said...

Three cheers for no creepy decorations!

=)

Shari said...

Well, apparently no one told the people in our neighborhood that the economy sucks, because they have all their usual Halloween oddities out in their yards. We even have a guy up the street who dresses up like a zombie, hides in the bushes, and then jumps out at the little kids as they trick or treat. Last year, he scared a 4 year old boy so bad the kid didn't want to trick or treat anymore. I'd say that's going a little too far.
I refuse to decorate for Halloween. I decorate for fall. Fall is a season, Halloween is just, well, as you said, creepy.

B.W. said...

i disagree.
i love all that is tacky.

:)

Shari said...

Then you'd love another neighbor's yard, Beth. They have graves out front with headstones that have each family members' name on it. Now that I find a little creepy. If you're still alive, you don't give yourself a headstone in your front yard, complete with pretend ghosts coming out.

Katherine said...

I HATE HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS TOO!!! Two families across the street from each other near us obviously have a decorations duel going on--I feel like I need sunglasses when I drive down that street! Seriously--is the larger-than-house-sized, blow-up, glowing Frankenstein REALLY necessary?!