Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Two funnies

1. When we were out running errands this afternoon (after things had calmed down from the biting incident) Isaiah said to the lady that parked next to us: "You have a cool van!" Oh. It was so funny. And actually her van looked a lot like ours, but without the scratches, dents, and dirt! We all laughed.
2. Over dinner tonight, Dan asked me how many pair of underwear I have. What????!!!!! I guess he was trying to figure things out for the Blanchard house girls. I told him that I'm really not sure. I told him that ideally, a person would have about fifteen pairs of underwear, but that I thought about ten pairs would do.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

the underwear questions was very strange until you hear the context :). I'm not sure I would even know how many I have, but your figure sounds good :)

Patty said...

I think the real question is, how many pair of underwear do you have that you really LIKE? I have certain ones that are more comfy than others and I gravitate toward them. So that number is more like ten. Is that too much information?

Josh said...

Yes. Way too much information.

By the way, Heather, I just read your "books to read" list. I would say that the Steinbeck books need to be read ASAP; "Of Mice and Men" is one of my favorites. Another that you may have read is "The Catcher in the Rye"; I'd suggest anything else Salinger as well, he has a lot of good short stories. Finally, since you seem to want to get your patriot on, read "The Federalist Papers" published under the alias Publius by three founding fathers (Madison, Hamilton, John Jay). I have a copy I can lend you if you are so inclined.

Shari said...

I;m like Patty. I have a whole pile that I won't wear because they just aren't comfortable anymore, and about 10-12 "granny undies" (as I jokingly call them) because they are comfy.

HB said...

Well... this has all been very enlightening... and I'd love to borrow that, Josh.

Ryan Hope said...

Or one could be like me ... I own slightly over 30 pairs of underwear, for the simple reason that I only have to wash underwear once a month :-) Same with socks actually, then once a month I wash them all together haha