Thursday, October 16, 2008

A window into life at the Borcherts'

The other night, I sat down for about 10 minutes to check my email, etc. I had just finished cleaning the house and was waiting for the dryer to finish, so I could fold one more load of laundry before bed. Dan started tickling my feet, bothering me. The rest went like this:
Me: (laughing) Hey, can't I just be left alone?!
Dan: (hesitating, laughing, knowing he shouldn't say it...) I left you alone while you were cleaning. (Laughing)
Me: speechless, outraged, throwing every stuffed animal, pillow, anything that wouldn't inflict too much pain, within reach (I wasn't about to get up at that moment!) right at Dan - this went on for about 10 minutes. He didn't even fight back! He knew he deserved it!

What an outrage. Of course, then I made him clean up the mess I'd made and sentenced him to 30 minutes in the doghouse. =) Haha.

7 comments:

Dan Borchert said...

While it is true I didn't fight back. It was not because I thought I "deserved" it. It was because I was laughing too hard. :)

HB said...

Well, with all this talk on the polls lately, maybe we should poll my readers to see what they think. Did he deserve it?

Dan Borchert said...

ok, fair question, but another question for our poll...Did you think it was funny?

Patty said...

I think before we take any polls we need to ask, and why were you cleaning? It will just get dirty again.

Katherine said...

I vote YES! He always deserves it!

(However, I do think this will be an erroneous poll, as you will be oversampling your own blog readers, who will inevitably take your side. But don't worry--you can pass it off as legit like everyone else does!!!! Sorry, sorry--enough media cynicism! :-)

Shari said...

If you really wanted to punish him, you would have made him fold laundry!

And Patty, those are true words of wisdom about cleaning! I like it! :)

brooke said...

hahaha... I love how all of this carried on into your blog comments.

I saw your pictures of Isaiah with a sweat shirt on and then you had to throw in the pumpkins and the picket fence. That's it, we're moving :-)