Sunday, November 30, 2008

15 things I'm not afraid to admit

So I stole this idea from my friend Brooke. Seemed kind of fun.
  1. I love driving a minivan. I don't know how we did without one before!
  2. I love anything asian (especially Chinese/Japanese). I would redecorate my house from top to bottom in everything asian... if I had the money... and if my husband would agree to it!
  3. I think I've missed my chance to travel the world. Now that Westerners seem to be targets of terror attacks across the globe, I think I'm safest in the USA... for now. Bummer!
  4. I am not a pet person. Although Obi occasionally catches a mouse, having a cat generally inconveniences my life. (Can't open windows when it's warm out because he can pop out the screens and jump outside, have to keep my cedar chest covered up so he won't scratch it, wake up when he walks across my pillow in the morning and pulls my hair, sleeps on the clean laundry leaving cat hair behind) But...
  5. I am usually pretty responsible (why I will keep my cat), although I'm getting more forgetful in my old age.
  6. I really do enjoy not working (much), even though some days my kids drive me crazy. But I do like the freedom of setting my own schedule, and being there for all those moments when they do things for the first time!
  7. I like eating soup for lunch in the winter... It's comforting and calming in the middle of crazy days.
  8. I've never smoked anything... Never drank anything (except a sip of wine once...didn't like it)
  9. I love it when Dan's home with us. Everything seems right with the world. I also love going out for a nice dinner with just Dan.
  10. I am a night person. Most of the time I feel my best between 4 p.m. and 11 p.m.
  11. I try not to care what people think of me...
  12. I get really creeped out by scary movies, especially the supernatural kind, to the point I'm afraid to be home alone. So I don't watch them anymore.
  13. There is one country song I like!! Trace Adkins "You're Gonna Miss This." I try to think of this song when I don't feel like playing with the boys, or I'm yelling because I just stepped on/kicked another toy, or my kids are covered in sticky goo from one activity or another (or a meal!).
  14. Anything that excites my kids excites me too. I can look at a toy and think it's dumb, but if my kids like it, I will sit down and play with it and have a blast.
  15. I love making both my boys laugh at the same time or when they make each other laugh. Laughter is energizing.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

very cool blog post! I may have to steal the idea sometime too. :) I would have to agree with many of your 15 things as well. (ie:creepy movies, having the hubby home, enjoying the toys Hannah does)
Hope your Thanksgiving was good!! Love ya!