Isaiah and Samuel both have ear infections. Isaiah's are much worse than Sam's. Isaiah's attitude is questionable on a good day. When he is sick he is just a beast... constant thumb sucking, whining, and refusing to obey anyone. No discipline method works, and everyone ends up frustrated.Isaiah has been on an antibiotic since Monday, which makes me think that by now he would have some relief. So then I wonder if his attitude is just horrible. It makes me question my ability to parent my boys. It makes me wonder if I am teaching them anything useful. I want to teach them how to be considerate and kind to other people. I want to teach them to think of others before themselves. I realize my expectations are too high (like usual), and that they are only eighteen months and almost four.
It's just been a frustrating day, and I'm so looking forward to getting away with Dan to Lancaster tomorrow!
2 comments:
Welcome to the toddler years! Everyone said what a horror the age of 3 can be, but what they didn't mention was that 4 is even worse!
You're not a bad mom. They are just being normal kids. My grandma always used to say that you don't know what patience is until you've had kids. She was a wise woman.
Hahahaha Blake. I think you should take them for a weekend. Then I'll be laughing!
Post a Comment