Sunday, May 10, 2009

My first mani/pedi

For Christmas my brother-in-law and sister-in-law gave me a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure at Nails by Diane in Evans City. I finally got around to using it yesterday. When Saturday morning rolled around, I wondered what possessed me to make an appointment for 8:30 on Saturday morning, but Dan made me some coffee, and I headed out. I was a little worried about the pedicure because my feet are kind of ticklish and I am kind of uncomfortable having strangers touch me.
But I got there, met the Thai couple that runs it, and chose my color: red. Then I sat down and put my feet in this wonderful jacuzzi bath with some sort of sea salt in it. She rubbed an exfoliating gel all over my feet and buffed them smooth. My eyes bugged out a little when she pulled out some metal tools like you'd see in a dentist office. They were in a sterilized bag, so that made me feel a little better. And the cuticule treatment and nail filing, etc really wasn't too painful.

The manicure went by pretty quickly. I feel silly even getting a manicure because I keep my nails so short. But I play piano nearly every day and just can't have long nails.

It was a very relaxing start to my Saturday, and I think I'll go back. =)

1 comment:

L said...

Sounds very relaxing - I might have to follow in your footsteps. :-)