Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Underwear

I was about to post about something deep, but it just wasn't coming out right. Basically I felt that God gave me an extra measure of grace to deal with a difficult person the other day, and I was really grateful for that. But I didn't know what else to say about it. This is a person that all you local people know... who talks a lot... and has some other problems... but somehow God gave me the grace to sit down and talk to her for about an hour. And I wasn't even frustrated or annoyed. But that post wasn't coming out right.

So instead I'll write about underwear. It's amazing how important underwear is to a three-year-old. We bought Isaiah some new underwear the other day because he just didn't have enough pairs to get him through the week. It was a Disney character combo pack. There are Wall-E underwear, the Incredibles, etc. The funny thing is that now Isaiah wants to wear a certain pair of underwear. He's not ok with picking just any pair out of his drawer. So this has not exactly helped the laundry situation! If it was up to him, the would all be clean every day. Unfortunately, this is just not possible.

The other thing that cracks me up is that Isaiah feels the need to tell people about his underwear and show them (occasionally). He just gets very excited about it and is completely uninhibited about talking about it.

So we get some good laughs out of Isaiah's underwear adventures.

An unrelated side note... I learned today not to leave Sam unattended with mashed sweet potatoes. We were finishing up lunch when I checked Facebook to see if my one friend's wife had a baby yet (she did). But while I was away from the table, Sam smeared mashed sweet potatoes all over the table and his clothes including in between his overalls and his shirt. So Sam went straight to the bath after lunch.

1 comment:

Blake said...

It's ok. I have a favorite pair of underwear too!