Thursday, October 15, 2009

The boys

We've been trying to get Isaiah to stop sucking his thumb for a while now. Yesterday I told him he couldn't suck his thumb any more during the day and put some yucky tasting stuff on his thumb... like nail polish, but designed to stop thumb sucking. (As a little aside, Isaiah licked it and said, "Mmm... Tastes like bananas!" Dan and I tried it later, and it was mildly distasteful and spicy.) To some, this might seem like a technique out of the 1960s, but thumb sucking is an extremely unhealthy habit. According to my calculations, there is a 100% chance of my kids getting sick from another sick kid because they play with the same toys, then suck their thumbs. With everything going around this year, I just want to decrease his chances of getting sick. So I found Isaiah like this today. Well, technically he wasn't breaking the rules. Guess it's time to change the rules. =)
The other day when Isaiah was camping with Vern and Lorrie, Sam crawled up next to me on the couch, asked for a pillow and blanket, and promptly fell asleep. This was about 11:00 am. This NEVER happens. He slept there for about 45 minutes. So sweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have two very smart boys-- I don't know how you stay ahead of them!!. They are just two cute. Love Aunt Janet

Jessica said...

I'm sorry but I had to laugh about Isaiah!!! :) feel free to laugh back when we go throiugh that with Hannah!

we bought similar stuff to stop her nail biting, but i tried it first...it tasted like nail polish remover!! needless to say we never used it b/c it was so strong!