Wednesday, October 14, 2009

To do list

I did something today that I haven't done in a long time: I checked everything off my to do list! Several of the items involved scheduling Christmas events for school. They hadn't been at the top of my priority list for a while, but I finally got them done. I'm looking forward to taking my band to play at PPG place, and my choir is going Christmas caroling at a personal care home down the street from the school.
I also had to schedule Sam's two year well visit. Our pediatrician's office is going to walk-in well visits as of November 16 to keep the healthy children away from the sick ones. Luckily Sam squeaked in just before this change. I really don't want to walk in there and get whatever flip-flop wearing nurse practitioner is available. And all the sick kids are in the office in the morning. It's not like they're going to clean all the toys in the waiting room and clean all the individual rooms before the healthy kids come in. So the healthy kids are still going to get exposed to the same germs. Oy. Supposedly they're going back to scheduling well visits in January. I guess they've had so many sick children, they felt this was they way to go.

I also scheduled my first hair dye EVER. (My 30s have been filled with firsts... first mani/pedi... now first hair dye). I've had light cap highlights a few times, but they've grown out completely. I actually like my natural color, but I need to get rid of the gray, and maybe get some highlights or lowlights. We'll see how that turns out.

Then I needed to find something fun for us to do since I have Thursday and Friday off of school. So on Friday we're taking the boys to ride the Kiski railroad. It should be pretty fun, but I found out that the cars aren't heated and it's going to be in the 30s. Note: Bring blankets.

So I guess I can just put my feet up and relax now that I have nothing to do. Haha!

No comments: