Friday, September 16, 2011

Would you like this with your tea?

Over the past ten years, I've taught piano to varying combinations of a particular family's six children.  I have come to love and deeply respect this family.  I've modeled many of my own parenting/homeschooling/teaching styles after what I have observed at their home.  
They always offer me tea with something, usually a sweet yummy.  So far, the most unusual side they offered with my tea was peanut m&ms.  Until today...
The second-to-youngest, 8-year-old E, came into the living room.  With his hands behind his back and a smirk on his face that I should have noticed sooner, he said, "Mrs. Borchert, would you like this with your tea?" and produced a plate with a dead chipmunk on it.  Yes, you did just read that.  Apparently their cat had brought it as a gift which they felt compelled to pass on to me.  Three words.  This.  Is.  War.  My boys were helping me think of ways to um... retaliate.  To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yum yum