Teresa Bill from the Republic of Congo spoke at our church tonight. She talked about all sorts of cool stuff. Apparently the city they live in is pretty dangerous. Plus since they are the only white people around, they are targets of theft. So they have a wall around their house, paid day and night guards, two big German shepherds, and they pay their neighbors to come to their aid if they're being robbed. She said that there are robbery attempts at their house about every other month. Wow! That's scary! After church I came home and thought about how I take safety for granted. We live in a very low crime area, rarely lock our house, and never give it a second thought. So I was thankful for that tonight.
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Safety
Teresa Bill from the Republic of Congo spoke at our church tonight. She talked about all sorts of cool stuff. Apparently the city they live in is pretty dangerous. Plus since they are the only white people around, they are targets of theft. So they have a wall around their house, paid day and night guards, two big German shepherds, and they pay their neighbors to come to their aid if they're being robbed. She said that there are robbery attempts at their house about every other month. Wow! That's scary! After church I came home and thought about how I take safety for granted. We live in a very low crime area, rarely lock our house, and never give it a second thought. So I was thankful for that tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't think I would ever sleep if people attempted to rob my house that often. Scary.
It may not be a good thing to let the entire cyber-world know that you do not lock your doors.. Hahaha
Post a Comment