We have really had a crazy couple of days. Dan's marathon was great! The boys and Lorrie and I arrived in Erie when Dan was just over half-way through the course. So we got to cheer him on all the way to the finish line! I still can't believe he ran 26.2 miles. It blows my mind. I don't think I could even run .26 miles! =)Sunday afternoon we got home and collapsed. Dan's clothes from the weekend needed washed, the boys' beach toys needed cleaned and put away among other things that we let slide for the weekend. But we just relaxed happily waiting for the Steeler game to start. We were playing in Cleveland, and they were predicting 50 mph winds from hurricane Ike, so we were waiting to see how the game would go.
We were having strong winds at our house too, and around 8:15 (right at kickoff!) the power went out for about five minutes, giving us a little scare. We heard a tree fall in the woods, but it didn't hit the house. Then at half time the power went out for good. We just went to bed, hoping it would be back on in the morning. When it didn't come back on, we went to my in-laws' house, which is right around the corner. We really couldn't stay at home because, with our well and electric water pump, we didn't have any water either.
Several days and many calls to the electric company later, we are finally home. Phew! Now I have to clean up everything from last weekend's adventures!
3 comments:
Geesh... what is going on with all these storms? My sister in law lives in Kentucky. They have been out of power for a week.
I'm glad you all are able to get everything back to normal. How is school going? Did you have to teach this week?
Brooke
I'm glad you're home!
We finally got our power back Thursday afternoon. It's insane it took them so long to fix stuff. Just goes to show that we are not prepared for a huge disaster in these parts. Hope and pray we don't have one anytime soon!
Post a Comment