Friday, September 5, 2008

Isaiah's first x-ray

Isaiah fell at the gym nursery today. When I went in to get him and Sam, he was crying and couldn't put any weight on his right leg. Sam was crying because Isaiah was crying, so it was an interesting scene. After a few minutes of hoping Isaiah could shake it off, I realized that he really couldn't walk. So one of the nursery workers carried Sam, and I carried Isaiah out to the car. After we were home for about an hour, Isaiah still couldn't put any weight on his leg. I called the pediatrician and made an appointment for this afternoon.

An interesting twist in the story is that Isaiah and my mom were supposed to leave to go camping before lunch today. So that kind of got sidelined. The good thing is that my mom was off work, so she stayed home and watched Sam while Dan took Isaiah to his appointment because I had to go to school. I ended up cancelling the babysitter, which added somewhat to the confusion of the day.

At the appointment, the doctor saw enough of a problem that she sent them to get an x-ray. (No, this isn't a picture of the actual x-ray. I think they were sending that over to the dr's office.) Luckily he has no fractures and is supposed to take it easy for the weekend.

He's already walking better. I can tell that he's thinking about it, being careful how he stands up and moves around. Hopefully by tomorrow he'll be back to normal!

Oh. And Sam cried and fussed from 3:30 until 7:00 when I decided to put him into bed. (He did have a 45 minute nap during that time). I'm not sure what his problem is! Teething? I didn't see anything... so we'll see how that plays out.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

what a rough day! you will need your weekend of "nothing" to recover!

Katherine said...

Poor guy! It stinks that the camping trip was postponed. I hope the boys feel better soon!