Thursday, November 6, 2008

Isaiah's first report card

Tonight Dan and I went to Isaiah's first parent-teacher conference. This was my first experience being on the other side of the desk, so to speak. I knew which questions to ask and had them prepared ahead of time. When we went in, we got to see his first report card. Apparently these days, kids get L's, M's, and N's. L=learning, M=mastered, N=not at this time. He had about an equal mix of L's and M's. If I had seen the report card outside of the context of the conference, I would have been concerned about the L's, mostly in social areas and classroom procedures. But the teacher assured me that he's right on track. So, it seemed like a pretty good conference!
P.S. Apparently Isaiah hangs out with the train gang. There's a group of three of them that are equally obsessed with trains... It could be worse!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Isaiah with his train gang!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cNDSPutas8

Blake said...

I want to be in a train gang!