On Friday night we went over to Grace Community Church in Cranberry because they were having an event called trunk-or-treating that sounded great on so many levels. They had people park in their parking lot to hand out candy from their trunks! They had the parking lot blocked off so cars couldn't drive through - much safer than walking door to door! Also, since it was at a church, we assumed that there wouldn't be anything scary, and we were right. Everyone's trunks were very festively decorated, but totally kid-friendly. The thought of some life-size scarecrow or something jumping to life and scaring my kids was the main reason I didn't want to take them door-to-door. The best things? WAY less walking than traditional trick-or-treating, and WAY more time efficient. We were done with the whole ordeal in a half hour!This is definitely the way to go!
1 comment:
That's a great idea! I wish I had known. I had 4 bags of candy left. We hardly got any trick or treaters this year.
Post a Comment