I don't know about anyone else's kids, but my kids definitely have not adjusted AT ALL to the time change (falling back - Dan and I didn't know if we just finished daylight savings time or if it's daylight savings time now...) They have been sleeping in to a normal time, which is wonderful! But the rest of the day is still happening an hour early! I've tried creative ways to hold them off when it's getting close to lunch time, but the next day, they're right back wanting to eat between 11 and 11:30! And bedtime is a total disaster. Normally around 6:30 pm Sam starts winding down, so we give him a bath, slowly get him ready for bed, and put him down around 7:00. Tonight it was 5:30 and he had just about had it!I don't know what the solution is, but all this darkness in the evening isn't helping! Isaiah starts asking between 4:30 and 5:00, when he notices the light fading, if it's almost time for bed. I'm thinking "Unfortunately not! We still have more than THREE HOURS!" He doesn't even realize that he hasn't eaten dinner yet!
So... my kids are just all confused, and it makes managing them during the day just that much more challenging. I sure hope they adjust before it's time to spring forward!
2 comments:
I am right there with you. Connor is so confused. And me, I'm not faring much better. I usually wake up at 6:30 a.m., even without an alarm (I know, it's a sickness). Now, I'm waking up at 5:30 a.m. EVERY DAY! I can't make it stop! Curse eastern standard time! Bring back daylight savings!
I wish I was right there. Our kids are doing just the opposite. They want to stay up later and are sleeping later than they did before. It's funny how different all kids are. Anyway a solution may be just a slow process of 15 min each day.
Post a Comment