Today was one long, weird, crazy day. I dropped Isaiah off at preschool at 8:30 this morning. Then I hung around Eden to practice with two elementary chorus classes, because I'm accompanying them in their Christmas concert.When I was done with those classes, it was about 10:15, so I had just over an hour before I had to pick Isaiah up. I went to the grocery store to get some stuff for lunch, and then I went to the cutest little store in Wexford called Sweet Peas. It's a little pricey, but has some very unique gifts, all handmade by local artists. I also stopped by Once Upon a Child, and found a few things for the boys. Then I picked Isaiah up and dropped him off at home. I helped my mom make the boys' sandwiches, then headed off to pick up a saxophone player for the Lighthouse's golden age luncheon. She and I got there just in time to set up and warm up. We helped serve the food, ate our own lunches, then played a few Thanksgiving songs for the folks to sing along with. I left just in time to drop the sax player off at her house and make it to school in time to teach band. After school I taught four piano lessons, and arrived home around 7:15 tonight. Yoy.
Now I have to gear up to load the kids in the car in the morning and head off to see some friends of mine in Clearfield tomorrow. It's about a two or two-and-a-half hour drive each way. Am I crazy? Yes. I just hope the car doesn't break down and that the boys aren't too fussy.
4 comments:
Sweet Peas is a cute little store. I love it from the way it looks to the stuff inside for sale.
good grief girl... slow down! :-) I can just see your head spinning! Are you all staying in town for Christmas? We are talking about going to Pa for Christmas. We would be staying in Somerset but it would be fun to spend some time with you guys.
Thanksgiving songs?
Yeah, you know the good old ones... the ones that remind you of pap, but are almost irrelevant these days. The old folks still like to sing them. We gather together... Come ye thankful people come... etc
Post a Comment