~
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Wedding in Lancaster
On Friday Dan and I headed out to Lancaster for the wedding of a younger sister of a close friend of mine. We stayed at the Tea Kettle Inn Bed & Breakfast. This was my view as I ate my breakfast of fresh fruit, lemon poppysead bread, and orange walnut waffles. This picture doesn't show it, but through the window I could see a lovely little fountain, and our hosts were playing relaxing George Winston piano music in the background. Just wonderful.
On Saturday morning we had some time before the 2:00 wedding, so we walked around historic downtown Lititz, PA. The picture below is of a chocolate castle complete with Rapunzel at Wilbur's Chocolate Factory. I was expecting an assembly line room like on I Love Lucy (remember the chocolate episode where Lucy can't package the chocolate quickly enough, so she starts eating it and shoving it in her hat? Hilarious!) But the ladies stirring vats of chocolate in the background were as close as we got to anything like that.
At a park in Lititz.
My friend's two kids were the flower girl and ring bearer. They were so tired! They fell asleep right on their daddy!
Me with my friend, Charity. She's due with her third child on June 1. Everyone's prayers were answered, and the baby didn't make his or her debut before the wedding!
Carl, his wife Elizabeth, Crystal, Justin, Nate, and Charity
Carl, Elizabeth, Carl Jr. (bride's dad), Glenda (bride's mom), Crystal, Justin, Nate and Charity and family
Between the wedding and reception we had some time to walk around historic downtown Lancaster.
The reception was in a beautiful Elk's Lodge in Lancaster. We assumed we'd sit at table 23 with the bridal party rejects (spouses, etc.). But we were shocked and honored to sit at the same table with the bride's parents and family! I've thought of these guys as family since we spent many weeks at summer family camp together. Their cabin was definitely the popular hang out and I practically lived there during camp. So we had a great time catching up on everyone's lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Don't bother translating this. It is porn spam. And for some reason I am getting an error message when trying to delete it.
I love Lancaster. I'd love to live in that area. It's so beautful. Looks like you guys had a great time!
Great about the spam. I'd contact blogger and tell them you want it removed.
Post a Comment