On Friday night, Dan and I had a mini-date. We went to Olive Garden for dinner, then went shopping for Isaiah's birthday. I was browsing through the leap frog educational toys, building blocks, and Thomas trains.Somehow Dan disappeared to an unknown department in Toys R Us. When I found him, he was in the big boy action figures aisle. These toys just make me go, huh? They look so weird to me and not fun at all. I looked somewhat longingly across to the girls' department, to the dolls, strollers, dress up shoes and purses, play tea sets, and costume jewelry. At least that stuff looks halfway fun, even for a girl like me who's not too girly.
Isaiah was asking for some rescue heroes for his birthday. He had these in his preschool classroom and really liked them. So in this department, we were able to find some police and army action heroes with a rescue boat and helicopter. He also asked for something Thomas, so we got him a train car and a video. We thought a police dress-up kit would be fun, even though I have found out that, with boys, you don't call it "dress up." It's called "role play." So hopefully he'll like the gifts. We're going to be on vacation over Isaiah's birthday, so we had to plan ahead to at least take the little gifts with us.
For a girl who has never played with a G.I. Joe, I'm getting quite the education on little boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment