I've really been slacking off on cleaning my house lately. Somehow it has made its way to the bottom of my priority list. For about a week or so, I have been gearing up (in other words, putting if off every day for a week!) to do a deep clean. Tonight I finally forced myself to do it on the first floor. I vacuumed and scrubbed the floors including all the edges and wall corners. I've never seen so many things scurrying for their lives. This might sound gross, but we live in the woods and I swear our house is spider central. I got them all but two which managed to escape.I used to be afraid of spiders, and I would say I still have an official phobia. But somehow I'm able to get angry enough at them to remove them from my house. I even removed two giant ones (and yes, we have giant hairy ones) myself. Dan wasn't home, and I wasn't going to let those things stay in my house. But I digress.
One thing that kept me going during my cleaning spree was my customized radio station at pandora.com. Have you tried it? It's fun and free. Tonight I was listening to my David Crowder Band station. Lots of good stuff.
So I sit here smelling the carpet cleaner that I sprayed on a few questionable spots. It brings back memories of earlier in our marriage when we got several couches, chairs, etc from the Lighthouse which I would promptly scrub with the same carpet/upholstery cleaner.
My celebratory bowl of ice cream is finished (hey, I did 30 minutes of cardio at the gym this morning plus 30 minutes of weights), and I need to vacuum the carpet cleaner and head to bed. Maybe I will get to the upstairs tomorrow.
2 comments:
I'm impressed that you "remove" the spiders from your home... those stinkers wouldn't stand a chance with me, they're be smooshed!
Actually, Ryan, I do smoosh them and then suck them up in the vacuum. I have no sympathy for spiders.
Post a Comment