Thursday, August 13, 2009

They're climbing the walls... literally

I thought I had my child care set up for this coming school year. As far as I knew I was teaching four afternoons per week. Lorrie was going to cover two afternoons, my mom one afternoon, and our babysitter from last school year, the other afternoon. Well, it turns out that the school had me scheduled for all five afternoons, my mom couldn't do any afternoons because of her new teaching schedule, and our babysitter decided that working four days while being pretty pregnant was enough for her. This put me in a tough spot. After making a few personal calls, searching craigslist, and sending a somewhat desperate plea in a church-wide email, it looks like I have it all covered, thanks to two lovely ladies at my church (thanks Patty and Carla!). And I was able to get out of one day at school, so I am back to four afternoons. Phew!

Another funny sidenote, I emailed a recent high school grad to see if he or any of his friends would be interested in babysitting the boys. Immediately following this, Samuel pooped out of his diaper really bad. Through the romper, down the legs. Ewww! A high schooler definitely could not handle this! Then, just as I was about to put Sam in the bath to clean of the lingering poo, I noticed that the bathroom floor was all wet. It turns out that Isaiah peed all over the floor! When I asked him what happened, he said, "I didn't realize it was going to come out that fast." I'm not sure if there's any recent high school grad who could handle my boys. Ugh!

And last but not least, they're climbing the walls. Apparently Isaiah learned this while he was supposed to be sitting in time out. He was just so proud of himself. What could I do? And Sam is always right there to learn from his brother.

4 comments:

Mom said...

I just love MY GRANDSONS!!!! (even the not so great parts) Remember, Heather, all too soon this will pass..on to dirty soccer uniforms, car keys, girlfriends, college books, yada,yada, yada.... Enjoy these days to the fullest!!!

Blake said...

Hahahaha! That's a funny story. More stories to tell Sam and Isaiah's girlfriends when they are teenagers.

I don't think even a 26 year old could handle little boys going potty everywhere, let alone a teenager.

Anonymous said...

WHAT A HOOT!!!! I LAUGHED SO HARD- YOU WILL TOO SOME DAY. GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE THE BABYSITTER AND SCHOOL COVERED- I WAS CONCERNED LOVE AUNT JANET

Jessica said...

the picture of Isaiah is great! I "hate" when Hannah does things that are funny when she is in trouble...it totally defeats the purpose of the punishment! :) Ugh...the life of a parent huh? :) :) :)