So today I woke up with a sore throat, sinus headache, and body aches. Of course the boys are like wild animals in that they sense weakness. So they were more beastly than usual today knowing that I wouldn't have the energy to discipline them like I normally would. Sam was climbing up the back of the recliner, and I caught him just before he reached the top. The boys were fighting over toys, and it's not that they actually want the toy. They just want the toy because their brother has it. As soon as they get the toy they were fighting for, they lose interest in the toy completely. Repeat 726 times per day. Needless to say, they were separated into two different rooms for a lot of today. And as a little aside, why are they angels for every babysitter and so bad when I'm watching them? I'll never figure that out, but I guess it's better than the other way around.This morning, on top of not feeling great, I had to go to get a TB test for school, get my fingerprints taken at a UPS store for my federal criminal background test, and get a money order to pay for my Child Abuse clearance form. You wouldn't have thought that those three things would have taken two hours, but they did. Should have taken about 45 minutes according to my calculations. But I didn't have a great experience at the Gibsonia UPS (neither did the customer behind me who was also attempting to get his fingerprints done). So I ended up going to the UPS in Wexford, where the woman working there couldn't have been nicer. She offered the boys lollypops and told me where I could get a money order next door at the grocery store.
So I guess I'm nice and sick for my first in-service day tomorrow. Good thing I'm only teaching part-time and know the ropes around Eden. I'm only planning on going in for a few hours in the afternoon.
1 comment:
Sorry to hear you are sick, I will pray for you. As for the boys, they are just acting normal. I couldn't figure out why Jon was bad for me but good for the babysitter"s either!! This to shall pass!!! Hang in there- the years will pass all too quickly. Love Aunt Janet
Post a Comment